Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Work Glam

Photos courtesy of Sung Shin

Blouse-H&M
Pants, belt-Banana Republic
Coat-J.Crew
Fur stole-Neiman Marcus
Bracelets, ring-David Yurman
Sunglasses-Chanel
Bag-YSL 
Watch-Michele

One of my favorite colors is purple. Growing up I would pick out only purple skittles (actually I still do this), grape flavored gum/candy, or reach for purple crayons first. I remember learning in elementary school during Art class that purple and yellow were complimentary colors and ever since then I have fallen in love with that combination. However, I've recently been drawn to burnt orange and purple together and Pantone just announced that the color for 2012 is Tangerine Tango which coincidentally works well with me because I fell in love with that color when I bought this blouse at H&M a couple months ago. Leatrice Eiseman, executive director of the Pantone Color Institute says, "Tangerine Tango, a spirited reddish orange, continues to provide the energy boost we need to recharge and move forward." 

My mom just gifted me her fur stole which is just so luxurious but I was a bit hesitant to wear a colored fur at first. I was trying to think of color combinations that would match well and I immediately thought of this blouse. The blouse and trousers are work appropriate but when you add the fur stole to the mix, it adds another element of style. I really love wide legged trousers because it adds a bit of masculinity to an outfit but adding an accessory such as this fur stole will also add a feminine touch. I talked about bringing work appropriate outfits to life by incorporating color in this post and today's outfit is no different.
 
Ladies, what are some of your favorite color pairings you include into your work outfits?

2 comments:

  1. Okay, I don't know where to look. There is too much fabulousness going on! Love the bag, love how pettable that stole looks and the color combination is just fab. I probably wouldn't think purple and orange as an instant pair, but it totally works here. Very unexpected.
    I've been trying to work in different colors together and orange with pink was a recent fave, today is teal with gray and burgundy and tomorrow I was thinking cobalt blue and hot pink.

    ReplyDelete