Monday, December 26, 2011

Weekend (Holiday) Snapshots






This weekend I....

1. Celebrated Christmas with the family and finally used my DIY glitter candle I tweeted about last week. I used double sided tape on the candle for the glitter to stick haha! Easiest DIY ever.
2. Watched my faaaaaavorite holiday movies, Elf and The Holiday. It doesn't feel right if I don't watch those movies around this time of year.
3. Was gifted a beautiful pots and pans set from my generous parents. This cookware is supposed to be the top of the line in non-stick stainless steel so I can't wait to use this in the kitchen.
4. Went to eat at my favorite DC steakhouse, The Capital Grille. I've been to Mortons, Ruth Chris, Smith & Wollensky, Lost Society, and Rays the Classic, but nothing really compares to The Capital Grille. Service is always stellar and their porterhouse just melts in your mouth.
5. Tried a peanut butter and bacon pop tart from Ted's Bulletin located in Washington, DC. My dear friend  brought me some knowing I would love that combination and he was right. It's nom nom worthy and I'm tempted to try and recreate it. My only gripe about the pop tart is that I wish there were more bacon bits on it but that's the fattie in me talking.
6. Bought and painted my nails a new polish color (what else is knew?) The color is Essie's "Sexy divide."

How was your weekend?





No comments:

Post a Comment